Is CO2 fractional laser a fractional or a laser?
Author:baishilf Time:2023-09-25 14:51:34
In recent years, lasers have been playing an increasingly important role in scar treatment, bringing a boon to scar patients, and have been applied to the treatment of different types of scars and received good evaluations, and CO2 fractional laser machine is also one of the important ones.
What is CO2 fractional laser? Is it fractional or laser? Many beauty seekers actually can’t tell the difference.
CO2 Fractional Laser = Fractional + CO2 Laser
First of all, let’s talk about fractional: fractional is not a laser, but refers to a working mode of the laser, as long as the diameter of the laser beam is less than 500 μm, and the laser beam is regularly arranged into a matrix, which is the laser working mode is fractional laser. We now understand it, dot matrix is not an independent technology, just a working mode of the laser.
Then about CO2 laser: it is different from other lasers, mainly because it is a kind of molecular laser. The main substance is the carbon dioxide molecule. The laser is excited from the CO2 gas in a special configuration. So, a CO2 fractional laser is a CO2 laser that is emitted in a fractional pattern.
Imagine a torch light, normally open is a large spot, but then launched, there is a dot-matrix assembly, the large spot is divided into a grid of small beams, CO2 laser beauty machine is the millimetre, centimetre beams into micron-sized dot-matrix micro-beam.
The CO2 laser resurfacing machine emits hair-thin, matrix-arranged lasers that penetrate directly into the dermis layer of the skin, uniformly punching tiny holes, using the CO2-excited lasers to instantly vaporise the tissue at the scars, and then initiating a series of skin biochemical reactions, such as collagen repair and collagen rearrangement, so as to allow the skin at the scars to be restructured and renewed.
The CO2 fractional laser penetrates the dermis and activates the collagen repair mechanism. The laser light generated by the laser can gasify post-acne pimples and pits, as well as some depressed scars, stimulate the skin’s collagen renewal and restructuring, and instantly contract the collagen inside the skin to improve the skin’s texture from the ground up.
In addition, it also acts on the epidermis, locates the key repair areas, reduces the volume of acne and scarred skin, peels off abnormal tissues on the surface of the skin, and treats surface skin pigmentation lesions and injuries, which not only reduces the pain of the treatment, but also prevents hyperpigmentation after the CO2 laser treatment; and it has a powerful haemostatic function, which improves the comfort of the scar treatment.
What are the precautions before CO2 fractional laser treatment?
1. Avoid sun exposure for 2 weeks before CO2 fractional laser treatment, apply sunscreen for prevention.
2. 1 week before CO2 fractional laser treatment, avoid taking aspirin-containing or aspirin-like drugs, except for medical advice. Try to avoid the use of full alcohol, fish oil-based nutritional supplements and vitamin E.
3. 1 week before CO2 fractional laser treatment, stop using skin care products containing vitamin A-like (such as retinoic acid, Dalfourin (adapalene, propylene glycol and EDTA gel), or care products containing fruit acids, and resume using them 2 weeks after the procedure.
How to take care of my skin after CO2 fractional laser treatment?
1. Within 24 hours after CO2 fractional laser treatment, do not wash your face, follow the doctor’s instructions to moisturise, you can use medical moisturising mask to keep the wound moist.
2. Avoid direct sunlight, pay strict attention to sunscreen, suggest using SPF40 or 40 times sunscreen. If there is any discomfort, please use ice packs to apply cold compresses according to the situation.
3. Prohibit scratching, rubbing and scrubbing at the wound, and let the scab fall off by itself.
4. Avoid hot water bathing within 2 days after CO2 fractional laser treatment, otherwise it will increase the discomfort. Use medicine or skin repair moisturising liquid and moisturising mask according to doctor’s instruction on the 1st-2nd day after treatment. Keep away from sunlight as much as possible, if you need to go out, it is recommended to wear a wide-brimmed hat, sunglasses, etc. for sun protection, that is, strictly do sun protection.
5. 2 weeks after CO2 fractional laser treatment, you can use mild cleanser to wash your face. Continue to use special moisturising water and mask as prescribed by the doctor. Continue to do a good job of sun protection and apply sunscreen every day.